Racing To Save Lives

Monday, April 10, 2006

Not Once, But Twice: Didi Smith

I worked with Didi for three years. She is gifted with the ability to make work go by fast and she was the one of the best supervisors I could ever ask for. When I told her about what I'm doing, this is her little contribution for the readers.

My niece (she's 13 now) has had leukemia twice. Once when she was 3-1/2 (cured by brutal chemo for over a year), and then unfortunately she was one of the rare cases that actually developed a different type of leukemia last year. She underwent bone marrow transplant this summer and is doing very well now. Both times all of the staff, doctors & nurses at the Children's Cancer Hosp. in Dallas and Ft. Worth were amazing. Her outlook is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home