Racing To Save Lives

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Prayer Answered

At the prayer meeting yesterday night, Annie asked that God help me keep from slacking off on the weekdays.

Today, my brother invited me to go with him to the gym. To spot him. Spaz that I am, tripping and dropping things all the time, I wasn't so sure this was a good idea. I decided to run a few laps to avoid possibly bad consequences, namely squashing my only brother.

As I started around the track, I see a very familiar person heading my way. Siopang! We agree that it would be fun to run together. He assured me that he was a slow (more on that later) runner. Believe it or not, with his encouragement I was able to run slightly over two miles before slowing down to a walk. Shattering my previous record of one mile! Siopang shared that he's been running since 6th grade, after his pediatrician suggested it as a way to cure his asthma.

James finished lifting weights and came up to find us ... walking. Hey, we were cooling off after a fast sprint to the finish line. He joined us, but a minute in he started urging us to race each other. Feeling competent, I agreed. The next second, I'm covered in a cloud of dust and the two boys had disappeared from the horizon. Slow, my foot!

So there you go. I have a running partner on MWF's. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home