Racing To Save Lives

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Saturday Morning #6

A slight variation of routine occurred since I was out of town, at our annual Life Is So Good (LISG) retreat. Wenjing and Sandy agreed to wake up early and go running with me. What they did not know was that a ten mile route had been scheduled and that's why we were going to wake up at 5:30am...

Anyway, I twisted and tossed around in my bed for several hours, waking up at 2:30am because I heard footsteps in the room. Both girls were light sleepers, so waking them up wasn't a chore at all. The only light source was from the street lamps. We silently walked for a bit before starting to run, then alternated between the two. You know how maps always make destinations look far away? Absolutely true in our case. We ended up circling the camp site multiple times.

I really enjoyed spending the hour before the sun came up with these girls. And no, of course we didn't do ten miles! =)

wjsandy
3/10 Wenjing and Sandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home