Racing To Save Lives

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Saturday Morning #2

I slacked off during the week, stopping by the gym only once. At the Saturday training, I discovered that several had already dropped out due to commitments, but several newcomers had joined. Holly and Joe Ann, best friends that met through the Christian Family Center up in Leander, told me about Joe Ann’s amazing story – a grandmother and a three time breast cancer survivor!

Angela prepared ribbon-tied packets of trail mix for us to nibble on as we started off on our six mile walk. Well, everyone except for me. After getting approval from Jeanette and saying adios to Jana, I went off like a bunny, mixing running in with the walking. Started off at the end of the pack and ended up being the first one to finish all six miles. Or so I thought … turns out that I confused the directions and really only did five. No wonder I kept on running into teammates on the way back. Even as I enjoyed my Einstein Bros everything bagel, I felt rather silly. Took care of it by having Angela drop me off about a mile before my place so I could make it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home