Racing To Save Lives

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Saturday Morning #5

Mother Nature finally stopped throwing curveballs! Not only was there warm weather, we were even allowed to complete our six mile route on Town Lake. Dirt is soft compared to pavement. Decreased milege fully appreciated, too.

I made sure to activate my cell phone alarm and woke up bright and early. Unfortunately, Holly was sick and notified me around 6:30am. Mom's sixth sense alerted her before I closed in on her and she was able to get me to our meeting spot on time. Even with my skewed directions. God bless mothers!

Six people on our team recommitted! Jana, Lila, Lynn, Mitzi, Monica, and myself. A brief ceremony took place and Amy handed out TNT socks to people who had met their 25% recommitment goal by February 22nd. Strangely, this did not include me. *utters oaths at Paycor* But Amy says I could pick up a pair when I stop by the office.

Marie, Shae, Kerry, and myself were the first few to finish. As we stretched, discussion went on about having breakfast afterwards. Yum ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home