Racing To Save Lives

Monday, February 27, 2006

Recommitment

After training and fundraising for a month, Team in Training gives us a chance to evaluate our commitment. If we have 25% of the minimum goal and are serious about the completing the fundraising and endurance event, we fill out the required paperwork and submit it on the recommitment date.

February 22nd was my original recommitment date. Many of you remembered and sudden inflow of generosity pushed the figure up to $1,366.80 by the end of the day. I had more than the required 25%. In fact, I had enough to consider running the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon in San Diego instead of the Country Music 1/2 Marathon in Nashville. Uh oh.

At this point, our team manager, Amy, moved the recommitment date back to February 27th. Great, now I have four more days to agonize over the pros and cons of each event. And for all of you familiar with indecisiveness, it was four more days to avoid a decision.

  • A marathon is much more impressive than half a marathon.
  • There would be one more month of training time for the marathon.
  • But I would have to fundraise an additional thousand dollars.

I consulted the parents. I consulted my friends. Personally, the full marathon sounded like the way to go. But my anxiety wouldn't go away. I was grilling Amy with questions that had no correct answers two hours before the recommitment deadline. I hung up the phone.

As I was walking back to my computer, I suddenly heard a voice say, "Country Music 1/2 Marathon." It was so out of the blue that it didn't register until I sat down, but I never questioned the authority of the voice. I immediately started filling out the paperwork. I felt a sense of peace. And I knew that God had spoken to me directly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home