Racing To Save Lives

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Saturday Morning #3

I became much better about training during the second week. Largely due to a discovery that keeping my mind occupied with prayer, i.e. conversation with God, lent power to the legs and made the distance seem shorter.

The cold front came into Austin last weekend, so layering up at the third group training had no effect, whatsoever. There were significantly less attendees because our mentors were all at the Freescale Marathon.

Angela was away at a wedding in Chicago, so I rode with Jeanette instead. Jeanette gave us a new seven mile route around town. We set off as a group, but slowly paired off according to pace. I started with Kendra, a chemical engineering senior at UT, but ended up spending most of the route with Monica, a Longhorn that graduated back in the days where her RTF classes had only eight students. She is the first person on our team to reach the fundraising goal and she gave me an abundance of encouragement because she wants me to complete the Country Music ½ Marathon with her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home