Racing To Save Lives

Sunday, March 12, 2006

1/2 Marathon Training vs Relationships

+x invited me to share my TNT experience at LISG.

I wanted to switch topics and talk about my experiences a growing Christian, but fear that I would accidentally butcher it clinched the deal - let's go for the funny instead. Sunday morning, I compared training for the 1/2 marathon to having a boyfriend/girlfriend.

  1. A chance to meet and help others vs. meet your dream partner.
  2. Work harder at being physically fit vs. physically fit/attractive.
  3. Start doing anything to get donations on behalf of leukemia patients vs. to make your significant other happy.
  4. Start writing letters and emails that letter receivers vs. significant other may ignore.
  5. Regular dates with your team vs. significant other. The longer and more demanding the relationship is, the sloppier you become.

You are probably wondering what this has to do with a church retreat?! Well, I then compared those two with our relationship with God.

  1. A chance to meet God.
  2. Work harder at being the person God wants you to be.
  3. Start doing anything to please God.
  4. Start caring about the people around you, even if they may ignore your overtures.
  5. Regular dates with God. However, the difference here is that the relationship with God will be long and demanding, but it is so enriching and worthwhile!

That is truly what I feel. Alas, people were thrown off by my first comparison and I'm not sure if people remember the second one. =p


060312_1129
3/12 Warming Up the Stage For William and Yingwu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home