Racing To Save Lives

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Saturday Morning #7

Heard that honesty is the best policy. I overslept after chatting to two of my elementary/middle school classmates till 4am the night before.

Thursday evening, Mom and I went to the Murchison Middle School track for endurance training. I haven't been on a 400m track since moving to Austin and many memories from our annual school Sports Day came flooding back. I used to run the 400m/1600m relays and 400m races for our class. My favorite competition - high jump - took place in the middle of the field.

Friday evening, several friends and I went to try out the new outdoor aquatic complex in Gregory Gym. Rumor had it that the water was warm. Rumor was factual. We tried out the lap pool, jacuzzi, and recreational pool. It was fabulous! A funny incident - my friend's ID card wouldn't swipe. We are whispering furiously in Mandarin, pondering over what to do. The student worker behind the counter asks us what we are talking about, in Mandarin! Turns out he's taking Chinese right now, so he uses his new vocabulary to tell us that he'll let us in this time as long as we can't tell anyone. Heh ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home